- The City is making operational improvements to bulky waste pickup. Residents can choose to have bulky waste pickup once a month as part of their trash service with the City of Jacksonville. Bulky pickup is an extra $5 per-month fee on your water bill. You must call to request a bulky waste pickup: (903) 339-3408.
- Bulky waste must be separated and apart from garbage, recyclables, trash bags, yard trimmings and brush. The maximum single pickup is 10 cubic-yards. (about six-foot max by length, width, and height)
- Refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air-conditioning units and other appliances must be free of CFCs/HCFCs chemicals. These items shall not be collected until the service unit has provided proof to the collector that CFCs/HCFCs have been removed from the appliance by a licensed technician.
- Residents that do not opt to have bulky waste as part of their service and cannot meet the weight and length requirements may request a special pickup. You must call to request a special pickup: (903) 339-3408. However, depending upon the size of the load, the following charges will be assessed:
- Pickup Truck Load: $45 per-load
- Dump Truck Load: $65 per-load
- Only debris and vegetation: $35 per-load
- With results which have overwhelmed recycling capacity, the City has decided to change the existing recycling program and explore offering this service curbside.
- The City has a recycling bin at Royal Oaks Landfill located at 440 Heath Lane. No glass or electronics are accepted. Recycling is limited to Jacksonville residents only, and participants may be asked to provide proof of residency.
Expressing Interest in Curbside Recycling
- If you are interested in voluntarily signing up for curbside recycling, please email email@example.com to express interest. The cost will be approximately $12 per month and will require a certain amount of interested participants before this service can begin.