Alicia Whetsell is a 20 year veteran of the Jacksonville Fire Department after joining the department in December of 1999 as full time ambulance personnel. In August of 2000 graduated Kilgore Fire Academy and began the transition into shift work as a Firefighter and the department’s first full time female firefighter. In early 2001 obtained Paramedic certification. Currently lives in Jacksonville with my 3 daughters.
Educational and Professional Certifications and Accomplishments:
• Associate of Applied Science degree in Fire Protection from Kilgore College (2017)
• Texas Department of State Health Services certified Paramedic
• Texas Department of State Health Services certified EMS Instructor
• Texas Commission on Fire Protection Master Firefighter
• Texas Commission on Fire Protection Advanced Fire Investigator
• Texas Commission on Fire Protection Advanced Fire Inspector
• Texas Commission on Fire Protection Fire Officer II
• Texas Commission on Fire Protection Instructor III
• Regional Task Force Leader of the Texas Emergency Medical Task Force
The EMS Coordinator’s office works as a liaison between the department, hospitals, and other emergency services. We work with the medical director to ensure that current and golden standard of care is provided to the citizens of Jacksonville. The EMS Coordinator manages certification and recertification of personnel and the department with the Texas Department of State Health Services as well as resource allocation and administration.