- The City has contracted with Republic Services for trash pickup. For scheduling questions, please call (903) 339-3408.
- The City is making operational improvements to bulky waste pickup. Residents can choose to have bulky waste pickup once a month as part of their trash service with the City of Jacksonville. Bulky pickup is an extra $5 per-month fee on your water bill. You must call to request a bulky waste pickup: (903) 339-3408.
- Bulky waste must be separated and apart from garbage, recyclables, trash bags, yard trimmings and brush. The maximum single pickup is 10 cubic-yards. (about six-foot max by length, width, and height)
- Refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air-conditioning units and other appliances must be free of CFCs/HCFCs chemicals. These items shall not be collected until the service unit has provided proof to the collector that CFCs/HCFCs have been removed from the appliance by a licensed technician.
- Residents that do not opt to have bulky waste as part of their service and cannot meet the weight and length requirements may request a special pickup. You must call to request a special pickup: (903) 339-3408. However, depending upon the size of the load, the following charges will be assessed:
- Pickup Truck Load: $45 per-load
- Dump Truck Load: $65 per-load
- Only debris and vegetation: $35 per-load
- The City of Jacksonville is removing the recycling dumpster from the Bolton Street location, and relocating to Royal Oaks Landfill at 440 Heath Lane, Jacksonville TX 75766.
- The reason for this change is abuse of the unattended recycling dumpster.
- The City does see the merit and benefits to the recycling program, however the current unattended system has led to abuse and is not functioning satisfactorily. Many people are placing items into the dumpster which are not recyclable including significant quantities of trash.
- The City apologizes for any inconvenience and, continues to partner with Republic Services to provide recycling services at the Royal Oaks Landfill. The City will be announcing a voluntary curbside recycling program