- To apply for a job with the City of Jacksonville, please use the Job Application.
- To view the printable application, you must have Adobe Reader installed. You can download Adobe Reader Software.
- Please email completed application to email@example.com
- All jobs require the applicant to pass a:
- Drug Screen
- Thorough Background Investigation
- Work Fitness Physical
- Criminal History Check
- All positions have a minimum requirement of High School diploma or a GED. Many positions require the use of a City vehicle and require a valid driver license and a good driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- The City of Jacksonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Job Openings
- Please select any of the positions listed in order to view a complete job description. The City of Jacksonville only accepts applications for open jobs. Please apply only for a specific job.
- The City of Jacksonville is currently accepting applications for the following position(s):
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Maintains and updates current employee information.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process. Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
- Files Insurance claims
- Employee orientation and intake