COVID-19 Update: March 30th @ 12:00pm
COVID-19 Response Latest Update: City of Jacksonville Public Closures Continue thru April 30th to Follow Federal Guidelines
(Jacksonville, TX) In response to the Trump Administration’s updated nationwide social distancing guidelines, the City of Jacksonville will continue to restrict access of City facilities to the public thru April 30th.
- Jacksonville City Hall
- Jacksonville Public Library
- Jacksonville Municipal Court
- Jacksonville Customer Service Center
- Jacksonville Animal Shelter
- Utilities Payments Drive-thru window
- Norman Activity Center
- Vanishing Texana Museum
- Love’s Lookout Visitors Center
- The Jacksonville (Stacy D. Hunter) Recreation Center
- Jacksonville Sports Complex
The below City facilities remain OPEN in keeping with Federal guidelines:
- The Jacksonville Police Department lobby
- Municipal Parks (disclaimer below)
While City Municipal Parks remain open, residents are strongly encouraged to practice social distancing guidelines, including keeping a safe 6-ft distance from other park-goers. If determined to be a problem, the City may consider closing certain parks or certain parks aspects such as the basketball and tennis courts, and playground areas.
At this time, Lake Jacksonville will remain open to normal activities.
The City Emergency Management Team continues to work with partners to monitor the situation. City staff continues to work in normal job functions and, continue to gradually adjust to these changes in serving the residents of Jacksonville in the best way possible, including increased telephone service and COVID-19 updates-as-needed on the Jacksonville City website’s www.jacksonvilletx.org ‘Emergency Management’ tab.
At this time, a Shelter-in-Place order is not in place.